It has been nearly one year exactly since I started this blog. TskTsk.. BUT! oh what I have accomplished. No, not in the garage, sadly, though I did get most of the books and records (yes, those vinyl things) moved to the shed (yes another junk storing building). No, not in the art room- still the mess it was though I have opened a few of the boxes while searching for things and I have new IDEAS on how to organize it. ;)
I have, though, started a freelance editing service. I edit and publish both ebooks and books for print on demand ordering through Amazon.com. The ebooks are available on various online outlets like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBookstore, Sony, and Smashwords. BTW if you ever buy someone's books you should check to see if they are available on Smashwords, as it gives the author more royalties than buying on the major outlets. It is they who should be getting that money, you know and most authors that use Smashwords have all of the ebook formats available there.
I have also written and published two of my own books, Kangaroo Tales - The Long Black Paddock, a story about Kevin Kangaroo and his friends' adventures in Australia (Book One of the series) and Exercise in Bed, a low impact exercise plan for overweight and chronic pain sufferers who find regular exercise regimes too tough to tackle.
I have two more books coming out in the next few months, which are in illustration phase at the moment.
I'm most proud that I am offering my services at less than half the price of other freelance editors/publishers and offer both full cash or cash/commission options so nearly everyone can afford to get their books edited and published. It is such a joy to hear the exclamations when a person who has always had the dream of getting a book published sees their book for sale on Amazon or another ebook retail site. It's like publishing one of my own, truly.
Not only do I get to write and read some great books for free, I help others. I also keep my hand in as an artist by designing book covers and bringing life to b/w sketches with color for both my own books and those authors I provide services for.
Finally, a job I love and that allows me to help others at the same time. ;) And the only crabby boss I have to put up with.... is me.
No comments:
Post a Comment